Error in Sharepoint 2007 Config Wizard at Step 6 - SPIisWebSite has been upgraded to a newer version of SharePoint RRS feed

• Question

• I was trying to add a new server to Sharepoint Farm (WSS 3.0). We already have 2 web servers in farm. By mistake i installed newer version of sharepoint on new server and ran the configuration wizard. It completed without any issues, but i had to uninstall that and install correct version to add the server to farm. But now i am getting below error at step 6 out of 7.

Microsoft.SharePoint.Upgrade.SPUpgradeException: The specified Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPIisWebSite has been upgraded to a newer version of SharePoint. Please upgrade this SharePoint application server before attempting to access this object.
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Upgrade.SPSequence.get_CanUpgrade()
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Upgrade.SPManager.CanUpgrade(Object o)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Upgrade.SPManager.ReflexiveCanUpgrade(Object o)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Upgrade.SPManager.NeedsUpgrade(Object o, Boolean bRecurse)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPWebService.ApplyApplicationContentToLocalServer()
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.PostSetupConfiguration.ApplicationContentTask.Run()
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.PostSetupConfiguration.TaskThread.ExecuteTask()

I do not have a backup of configuration DB and i cannot upgrade the version as we already have live sites running on other load balanced servers. Can someone help me on this issue ?

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 7:04 PM

Answers

• Hi Joy,

Please make sure that the version of SharePoint you have installed on the server that you are attempting to join the farm is the same as the version installed oin the other two servers.

Go to Central Administration > Site Settings in the center of the page you will find a version number it will look something like this 12.0000.6524.5000, then look it up on the internet and download the Service pack and CU necessary to have the build versions match

Another method to find the build version for WSS3 is to Go to  C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft shared\Web Server Extension\12\ISAPI > Right click on the file “OWSSSVR.dll, click Properties. 

-Ivan

Ivan Sanders My LinkedIn , My Blog, @iasanders, BI in SP2013, SP2013 Content Packs.

Monday, July 1, 2013 3:59 AM