Please Help!!!! RRS feed

• Question

• I have a dell inspiron 1545 laptop that has windows vista on it, when it starts up it wont load windows, im getting an error message. it says \Windows\system32\winload.exe...... Status: 0xc000000f The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt. what can i do to fix it?? i do not have a windows installation disk..
    • Edited by Jerryyyyy24 Friday, September 23, 2011 4:05 PM
    Friday, September 23, 2011 3:53 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This error occurs when the BIOS settings are incorrect. The BIOS does not detect the system drive when booting. Therefore, the error occurs.

Would you please entering the BIOS configuration window and check if there is a option which can make the BIOS auto-detect all drives. If there is, please enable it and restart the computer to check the issue again.

Based on my experience, change the jumper settings in the Vista hard drive to make it as the ‘Primary Master’.

If the issue persists, please modify the boot sequence to check the issue again. Please make DVD-ROM as the first boot drive and the hard drive which we installed Windows Vista as the second drive.

Note: Please understand that improper modification on the BIOS may prevent the computer from booting up properly; BIOS issues should be supported by the motherboard manufacturer because the BIOSes on different motherboards may have different modification interfaces. It's always my pleasure to help you but I do not want to give you some unclear instructions. Please refer to your motherboard manual about how to perform the related operations. You also can contact your computer vendor for further information.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, September 26, 2011 10:13 AM
  • Do the following:

1.  Request Dell Backup Discs for your Windows Vista that was preinstalled by Dell.

2.  Then see: What are the system recovery options in Windows Vista?

Carey Frisch
    Monday, September 26, 2011 3:21 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This error occurs when the BIOS settings are incorrect. The BIOS does not detect the system drive when booting. Therefore, the error occurs.

Would you please entering the BIOS configuration window and check if there is a option which can make the BIOS auto-detect all drives. If there is, please enable it and restart the computer to check the issue again.

Based on my experience, change the jumper settings in the Vista hard drive to make it as the ‘Primary Master’.

If the issue persists, please modify the boot sequence to check the issue again. Please make DVD-ROM as the first boot drive and the hard drive which we installed Windows Vista as the second drive.

Note: Please understand that improper modification on the BIOS may prevent the computer from booting up properly; BIOS issues should be supported by the motherboard manufacturer because the BIOSes on different motherboards may have different modification interfaces. It's always my pleasure to help you but I do not want to give you some unclear instructions. Please refer to your motherboard manual about how to perform the related operations. You also can contact your computer vendor for further information.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, September 26, 2011 10:13 AM
  • Do the following:

1.  Request Dell Backup Discs for your Windows Vista that was preinstalled by Dell.

2.  Then see: What are the system recovery options in Windows Vista?

Carey Frisch
    Monday, September 26, 2011 3:21 PM