Outlook 2016 Pro x64 cannot complete start up wizard RRS feed

• Question

• We try to open Outlook 2016 Pro x 86 from icon from a new pc connected to our Active directory

And starts the wizard . It has already the username at our domain and we press «connect»

We Select “Exchange”

And we taking the error below

Error Translation : An error occurred and Outlook cannot configure your account. Try again later. If problem is continuing, call your email administrator 

We have uninstall office 2016 pro x86 and reinstall office 2016 pro x64 but error insists. other office apps (word, excel) working fine

Exchange server unning win 2008 R2 with exchange 2010. Pc client i am trying to connect email is running win 10 pro 64b and office 2016 pro 64b and it is conennected to same LAN with exchange server.

Auto discover seems to work such as other outlook installations (outlook 2007, 2013 and 2016 with OS win 7 pro) worked fine to step that now i have problem. The only difference at this installation is client OS (Win 10 pro). 

Friday, June 29, 2018 12:33 PM

All replies

• Hi,

>>Auto discover seems to work such as other outlook installations (outlook 2007, 2013 and 2016 with OS win 7 pro) worked fine to step that now i have problem. The only difference at this installation is client OS (Win 10 pro)

Are the Windows 10 Pro machines patched with the latest Windows and Office updates? What if we try to configure the account that works fine within other Outlook installations on the affected Windows 10 computer? Do you see the same result?

Can you add other type of email account in your Outlook? Such as an Outlook.com account or a Gmail account?

Besides, we may also open Control Panel, click the Mail item, click Email Account button to add your account. See whether the same error happens in this way.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, July 2, 2018 8:22 AM
  • Os and Office is up to date

When i try to connect with another user account outlook completes stratup wizard and it works. 

I cannot add other type of email account in my Outlook (Such as an Outlook.com account or a Gmail account) .We use only Exchange Server

From Control Panel I make connection with the fisrt user account (see image),  but outlook still refuses to connect

Tuesday, July 3, 2018 11:32 AM