none
No notifications after update RRS feed

• Question

• After updating to the latest Android version (6.1.4) I no longer receive notifications on my Galaxy S7. If I open the app I still receive them, but only as long as it is in the foreground.
    Thursday, May 11, 2017 5:37 AM

All replies

• Hi

Do you check if Microsoft Authenticator App process is running at background process?  Only if the process is running, you could receive the notifications.

The APP need run at start permission. If you restart your phone, the permission ensures that you continue you receive notifications to verify your identity. More information about permissions that APP needs please refer to this link below:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/multi-factor-authentication/end-user/microsoft-authenticator-app-faq

If you have any other questions about Microsoft Authenticator APP, welcome to post back here.

Regards,

Walter

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by ShuiShengbao Friday, May 19, 2017 3:08 AM
    Thursday, May 11, 2017 6:42 AM
  • Hi there,

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately restarting the phone made no difference. I still don't get any notifications unless the app is in the foreground even after restarting the phone. Also, no new permission requests since the update, no error messages and no notifications. I could try to reinstall but I would rather not as I have a few accounts set up.

Not sure what's going on.

Thursday, May 11, 2017 11:19 AM
  • I have now reinstalled the authenticator app without being able to resolve this issue. Still no notifications unless the app is the foreground.

Just to recap, this issue started as soon as I updated to version 6.1.4 and affects all accounts, even after uninstall, restarting the phone and reinstall. It all worked perfectly fine before and no changes on the phone besides the usual updates being downloaded from Google Play.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Thursday, May 11, 2017 10:40 PM
  • Managed to resolve this issue. After reinstalling AND restarting the phone after that, it now works again.
    Friday, May 12, 2017 12:59 AM
  • Hi

If my answer is helpful, don't forget to accept it as an answer.

Regards,

Walter

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 12, 2017 1:21 AM