none
Persistent Deleted Resource Message RRS feed

• Question

• I am working with an instance of Project Online that needed some "spring cleaning" - there were some Enterprise Resources that were no longer relevant and suitable candidates for deletion. We now have one project which whenever it is opened presents a dialog box about the missing resource. 

The resource in question does not appear in the Resource Sheet and is not visible in the Build Team dialog box. They were only listed as a team member in this one project and had no work assigned to them prior to deletion.

Why does this message persist when there is no obvious reason for it to be displayed.

With good wishes,

Dominic

Microsoft Project Evangelist

Twitter:   LinkedIn:    Web:   

Monday, January 6, 2020 11:00 AM

Answers

• Hi again Guillaume,

We have resolved the issue - the problem was caused by there being links between projects and the rogue resource being in one of the other projects that the project was linked to.

Removing the resource from the linked project resulted in the Deleted/Local Resource dialog box no longer being displayed.

With good wishes,

Dominic

• Marked as answer by Dominic Moss Monday, January 6, 2020 1:13 PM
    Monday, January 6, 2020 1:13 PM

All replies

• Hi Dominic,

I guess the conclusion is that MS Project displays this message whenever a deleted resource is in a project team, and not only if it is assigned to a task. The solution would be to remove it from the build team.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Monday, January 6, 2020 12:36 PM
  • Hi Guillaume,

Thanks for your reply - there is no sign of the resource in the Build Team dialog box, in any cells in the Resource Name column or in the Resource Sheet. The resource in question has been deleted as an Enterprise Resource. There is no logical reason why the dialog box should display but it persists, hence my post on this forum.

With good wishes,

Dominic

Monday, January 6, 2020 12:54 PM
  • Hi again Guillaume,

We have resolved the issue - the problem was caused by there being links between projects and the rogue resource being in one of the other projects that the project was linked to.

Removing the resource from the linked project resulted in the Deleted/Local Resource dialog box no longer being displayed.

With good wishes,

Dominic

• Marked as answer by Dominic Moss Monday, January 6, 2020 1:13 PM
    Monday, January 6, 2020 1:13 PM
  • Sorry Dominic, I misundertood your post.

Glad if you solved your issue. And good to know the trick!

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Monday, January 6, 2020 1:22 PM