none
Projects and subprojects download RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a master project with sub projects published in Project server 2013. I want to download complete Master with Sub projects and publish it to other instance, what steps should I follow. If I just open the master plan and save it as MPP file it only keeps the titles of sub projects and details are gone.

Files are not available with PMs...

Regards, Syed Faizan ur Rehman, CBPM®,PRINCE2®, MCTS

Saturday, February 21, 2015 7:59 AM

Answers

• Hi Syed,

Since a master project is just an empty envelop containing subprojects, you should open one by one the projects, save them locally, reopen Project Pro connected to your second instance, save the subprojects on this new instance and finally create again the master projects. A bit tedious but it should work.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Saturday, February 21, 2015 9:15 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I have a master project with sub projects published in Project server 2013. I want to download complete Master with Sub projects and publish it to other instance, what steps should I follow. If I just open the master plan and save it as MPP file it only keeps the titles of sub projects and details are gone.

Files are not available with PMs...

Regards, Syed Faizan ur Rehman, CBPM®,PRINCE2®, MCTS

Saturday, February 21, 2015 8:01 AM
  • Hi Syed,

Since a master project is just an empty envelop containing subprojects, you should open one by one the projects, save them locally, reopen Project Pro connected to your second instance, save the subprojects on this new instance and finally create again the master projects. A bit tedious but it should work.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Saturday, February 21, 2015 9:15 AM