Office 2007 installation on Windows 7 x64 RRS feed

• Question

• I have been researching this issue with Office 2007 versions(I have Home/Student)crashing, freezing etc during installation, but finding only posts from 11/2009 and earlier. So I have to ask, has anyone found an answer to why this happens and how to correct it? I have a clean install of Windows 7 Professional 64 bit and when I run the installation disc(which has no service pack) I get past the product key entry and begin the installation. After about 20% (less than 3 minutes) Windows (or perhaps my computer), goes non-responsive, no mouse or keyboard input. I read a post about slipstreaming a service pack onto the program, so I went to copy the files onto a data backup drive(no the boot drive) and that also causes the system to be nonresponsive. I am thinking of scraping this version for the 2010 64 bit version, but buying new software isn't high up on my priority list right now. Thanks in advance for any help with this issue.

Monday, December 20, 2010 4:15 AM

Answers

• I did try these suggestions with no better luck installing the software. I also did further research and found a suggested registry tweek that did not help. In the end I erased the drive array, re-installed Windows and installed the Office software right after the OS was settled in, which worked fine. I am now wondering if I will experience the difficulties that others have reported with the software after windows update runs later this week. Sorry for posting to the wrong forum, I thought I had seen the threads I read here.
    • Marked as answer by Fontek Monday, December 27, 2010 11:56 PM
    Monday, December 27, 2010 11:56 PM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your description, I suggest to perform these steps to troubleshoot the issue:

1 Login with Clean Boot and install Office 2007

2 Restart “Windows Installer” service:

1) Click “Start” and input “services.msc” in Search box and press Enter

2) Go to Windows Installer

3) Disable it and start again

If the issue persists, I suggest asking Windows Office Forum for further help:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/officeitpro

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Monday, December 27, 2010 1:04 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Fontek Monday, December 27, 2010 11:40 PM
    Wednesday, December 22, 2010 8:27 AM
  • I did try these suggestions with no better luck installing the software. I also did further research and found a suggested registry tweek that did not help. In the end I erased the drive array, re-installed Windows and installed the Office software right after the OS was settled in, which worked fine. I am now wondering if I will experience the difficulties that others have reported with the software after windows update runs later this week. Sorry for posting to the wrong forum, I thought I had seen the threads I read here.
    • Marked as answer by Fontek Monday, December 27, 2010 11:56 PM
    Monday, December 27, 2010 11:56 PM