Google Apps Sync Outlook 2013 download problems RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to download Google Apps Sync for Outlook 2013 as part of Windows Home Premium. Running Windows 7. 

When I download Google Apps Sync, I get an error message that the Migration program downloaded successfully, and the Apps Sync program failed to download.

Any ideas? 

Thursday, July 11, 2013 10:57 PM

Answers

• I'm Happy to be able to respond, not anymore :)

From http://syncfix.ccp.com.au/

Since Outlook 2013 was released, unless you have the 'MSI' version (meaning a really expensive Volume License version of Office Pro Plus), Google Apps Sync refuses to work. Google recently announced that Outlook 2013 was supported by their sync program but again, this excludes Click2Run versions. This means all OEM and Retail copies of Office 2013 just plain won't work.

Over at Computer Consultant Professionals, we worked hard to find a way to get Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook (GASMO) to work with Office 2013 and we have the solution, finally. If you are tired of waiting for Google and Microsoft to play nice, we can help. Our software will install GASMO and create your email profile so that it works once more. 

The current version of our software (1.0) creates the profile, but does not add delegate accounts or support command line options. These features are planned for a future release. See the website for more details

• Proposed as answer by Max Meng Wednesday, July 24, 2013 3:43 AM
    • Marked as answer by Max Meng Wednesday, July 24, 2013 3:43 AM
    Wednesday, July 17, 2013 12:57 PM

All replies

• Same exact problem here, but in my recent research I've discovered that Google has dropped support for this feature, presumably due to "bad blood" between them and Microsoft.  If you'll do (ironically) a Google Search on the subject you'll turn-up several articles explaining it.  At this moment in time users requiring this are seemingly screwed...
    Saturday, July 13, 2013 10:16 AM
  • I'm Happy to be able to respond, not anymore :)

From http://syncfix.ccp.com.au/

Since Outlook 2013 was released, unless you have the 'MSI' version (meaning a really expensive Volume License version of Office Pro Plus), Google Apps Sync refuses to work. Google recently announced that Outlook 2013 was supported by their sync program but again, this excludes Click2Run versions. This means all OEM and Retail copies of Office 2013 just plain won't work.

Over at Computer Consultant Professionals, we worked hard to find a way to get Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook (GASMO) to work with Office 2013 and we have the solution, finally. If you are tired of waiting for Google and Microsoft to play nice, we can help. Our software will install GASMO and create your email profile so that it works once more. 

The current version of our software (1.0) creates the profile, but does not add delegate accounts or support command line options. These features are planned for a future release. See the website for more details

• Proposed as answer by Max Meng Wednesday, July 24, 2013 3:43 AM
    • Marked as answer by Max Meng Wednesday, July 24, 2013 3:43 AM
    Wednesday, July 17, 2013 12:57 PM
  • Could you elaborate a bit more as regards your "but does not add delegate accounts" (don't care about the command-line options) part?  I'm not a Google or Gmail user per se but I have a client who is, so he may well be interested in your solution.  I'm somewhat aware of the profile part but I'm not familiar with "delegate accounts".  He's a pretty simple user who is really only interested in getting the Google / Gmail calendar on his mobile phone (Android) to synch-up with his Outlook 2013 calendar on his (Windows 7 Pro 32-bit) computer; I don't even think he bothers with Gmail, since he has his own Website & mail server.

Please give a thumbnail sketch of what delegate accounts are used for and if it would impact his situation.

Thanks...

• Edited by Travis_Lloyd Wednesday, July 24, 2013 4:47 AM Fix typo
    Wednesday, July 24, 2013 4:46 AM
  • Interesting, and thanks for the response Phaelanx.

I am interested to know exactly what kind of sync your software does? I have my Google Business Suite Gmail synced with Outlook 2013 already, so I guess all that that's missing is contacts and calendar. Does your software sync Google Calendar with Outlook 2013?

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 5:41 PM