none
HOW TO TRACK EXPENSES ASSOCIATED WITH TASKS IN PROJECT SERVER 2010?? RRS feed

• Question

• hii everyone

Is it possible to track the expense associated with each Task in project server 2010?My situation is that:

suppose Team Member John is assigned task T1 by Project Manager PM1,which is of Duration 5 days,task is generally of the type :visiting to client side,

now what i need is that,the Team Member should be able to enter details of all 5 days(i.e DURATION OF TASK) related to task T1 regarding EXPENSE,For eg:

1 day his Daily Allow was 200,Travel cost was 200,Accomodation charges were 2000

2 day his Daily Allow was 300,Travel cost was 200.Accomodation charges were 1500 etc etc

AND ALL THESE HIS EXPENSE DETAILS SHOULD GO TO STATUS MANAGER PM1,for APPROVAL

IF THERE IS ANY SOLUTION,PLZ LEMEE KNOW,ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

THANKS 

Monday, May 14, 2012 9:10 AM

All replies

• Hi Anuj

I think what you are asking for, is basically not possible. You can not calculate it on daily basis.

But yes, I think you can calculate it task wise like Allownce on Task T1 =1400, Travel Cost on T1 =1000, Accomodation Charges on T1 =7000. Total Cost = 9400.

Thanks

Manish

Monday, May 14, 2012 9:24 AM
  • hi manish

thanks for response,i know that it is not possible Out of Box,but is there any customized solution for it,becoz my client need to track expense on daily basis only

thanks

Monday, May 14, 2012 9:29 AM