Remove Diablo II icon RRS feed

• Question

•  

I recently tryed to install Diablo II on my Vista computer. When it didn't work I uninstalled it. However it left an icon on my desktop. I can't remove it. The program is gone .

When ever I try to put it into the recycle bin I get the following message.

Could not find this item

This is not longer located in C:\Users\Plubic\Desktop\Diablo II.Ink. Verify the item's location and try again.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 11:03 PM

All replies

• Diablo II works fine for me on Vista.

Have you tried restarting the computer?

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 10:36 PM
  • Hi,

I've had a similar problem.  Two invincible shortcuts!!

I found the only way to get rid of them was to re-install the download which relates to the problematic shortcut.  The download reinistalls the software on your computer, but uses the original shortcut on your desktop.  Then simply delete the shortcut before uninstalling the software again.

Cheers! 

Saturday, June 23, 2007 12:45 PM
  • Yeah, restarting the computer can finalize an uninstallation. Question to you, Cyborg666: What version of Vista are you runnign, and is it 32 or 64-bit? Did the Diablo II installer execute and install as normally as any other program?

This game is so good to me and I can't figure out why the setup won't even open. I'm running Vista Ultimate x64 and it says it cannot 'locate the appropriate menu contents', or something like that. If you could shed some light, please..
    Thursday, February 14, 2008 12:48 AM