none
Outlook auto declining meetings requests intermittendly from a shared calendar RRS feed

• Question

• We have a receptionist that receives all incoming requests to use our conference call lines when someone requests a meeting in our sales department which are represented by shared calendars (ConfCall1, ConfCall2..etc) and she has full access to those calendars. For some random reason, when someone has attendees they invite with one of those calendars (ConfCall1) it will auto decline it even though there is no conflict.  There are no rules on either end binding it to decline on a certain criteria and there doesn't seem to be anything that would suggest a pattern to go off of and I have not been able to reproduce this issue.  Is there any known software conflicts that could cause this to happen or is this a known bug?

User Environment: Exchange 2010 with Outlook 2010/Outlook 2007

User Client OS: Windows 7

Monday, August 31, 2015 3:45 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description, I know that meeting request always decline when inviting shared calendar(ConfCall1) as an attendees.
    If I misunderstand your concern, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Is there any error or NDR return to organizer's inbox? By default, "AutoAccept" agent cannot be enabled in Shared Mailbox, it can only be done for Resource/Room Mailboxes.

However, if this shared mailbox has configure "Automatically accept meeting requests and process cancellations" in Outlook client, it will decline conflict and recurring meeting request depending on your settings. Note that it could works while Outlook is running.

If this shared calendar is an resource mailbox calendar, please use below command to check the configuration for calendar process: Get-CalendarProcess "room1" | FL

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, September 1, 2015 2:41 AM