Restrict software from O365 portal RRS feed

• Question

• Hello 

I need to restrict the software download from o365 portal for only domain joined computers, i got a hint it can be done via ADFS.

Can anyone help me on this.

Thanks

Aamir

NA

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 7:09 PM

Answers

• Most Office 365 workflows are using the same endpoint for the ADFS auth. So unless there is a specific client id like Active Sync clients or a specific endpoint for authentication such as old versions of Skype, then it won't be possible. A simple Fiddler trace will tell you what the authentication flow looks like for a user trying to download something and will tell you whether you will be able to filter our.

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Friday, December 2, 2016 4:44 PM

All replies

• I don't believe so. What makes you think it might be possible at the ADFS level?

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 10:12 PM
  • that is really good question,

i came to know from my technical lead, who mentioned like this, Microsoft suggested to look for ADFS claim rules for Office 365

Please advise

NA

Thursday, December 1, 2016 7:02 PM
  • Most Office 365 workflows are using the same endpoint for the ADFS auth. So unless there is a specific client id like Active Sync clients or a specific endpoint for authentication such as old versions of Skype, then it won't be possible. A simple Fiddler trace will tell you what the authentication flow looks like for a user trying to download something and will tell you whether you will be able to filter our.

Friday, December 2, 2016 4:44 PM