Tweak Aero to use small icons in Alt-Tab menu? RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to tweak aero to use small icons in Alt-Tab menu? It's really annoying to have so many large screenshots of applications. On large monitors you have to read the whole screen to find a program.
    • Also, is it possible to disable the preview when clicking a grouped icon in taskbar?
    • Taskbar have some options, Taskbar buttons: Never combine, Combine when taskbar is full and always combine, hide labels.  Is there a way to always combine WITH labels?
    • Taskbar grouping: Outlook Alerts gets hidden which already left me delayed for one meeting ;)

There are some features of Aero I like, so I do not want to disable it completely.
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP Thursday, August 6, 2009 3:39 PM Moved to correct category. (From:Windows 7 Miscellaneous)
    • Edited by HAL07 Saturday, August 8, 2009 2:04 PM
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 10:27 AM

All replies

• It would also be nice if the text showing window titles in the Alt-Tab window were crisp and clean, without the glow / shadow effect.  The effect is especially unnecessary if you've disabled the "transparent glass" feature (in which case the Alt-Tab window background is opaque).

(Edit.. on second thought maybe my suggestion doesn't make sense since the font and effect is probably from the Theme)
    Thursday, August 27, 2009 3:58 AM