Patch issue KB3031432 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have the patch KB3031432 which is showing as Failed 08/31/2015 and when I am trying to install it again as the Cluster Validation requested it says the patch is already installed!!!

Where to look for more information?

Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1

Thanks,

Dom

Security / System Center Operations Manager 2012 / System Center Configuration Manager 2012 / SQL System Center Operations Manager 2007 / System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2 / Forefront Client Security / Forefront Identity Manager

Monday, January 30, 2017 10:31 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Felyjos,

You may use command wmic qfe | find "KB3031432" in cmd to check if the update is installed. Or check "Update history" in windows update GUI.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 7:19 AM
  • Hello,

Between "Windows History" or the command line the patch is not listed, same as the Cluster validation which is listing the patch as missing..

When I try to install it I have a message: already installed !!!

Any idea? Could it be superseded by another patch?

Thanks,

Dom

Security / System Center Operations Manager 2012 / System Center Configuration Manager 2012 / SQL System Center Operations Manager 2007 / System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2 / Forefront Client Security / Forefront Identity Manager

• Edited by Felyjos Tuesday, January 31, 2017 5:07 PM
    Tuesday, January 31, 2017 2:13 PM
  • Hi Felyjos,

After installing the update, the related system files will be upgraded to the version list in the KB article, you may compare the related system files' version with the ones list in the KB, check if the version is already equal to that or higher:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3031432/ms15-015-vulnerability-in-microsoft-windows-could-allow-elevation-of-privilege-february-10,-2015

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 8, 2017 7:45 AM