none
Leveling evenly distributed RRS feed

• Question

• hi!

i have a leveling question.

My project have overallocated tasks.I did leveling but it distributed the resources as shown on the pictures belove.You can see the peak units were not distributed evenly.I want to see them evenly distributed.(Everyday 20 units) or 200 hrs/day

I have fixed work tasks.I don't want to change my "work field"

How can i change this unit per day evenly?

Manually way and are there any chance to do it automatically?

Thanks

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 6:18 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This means that the tasks that could "fill this gap" cannot happen earlier because of links or constraints. Mind you, Leveling will NOT put tasks earlier than planned in other words it will not violate links nor constraints. If you want those tasks to happen earlier make sure you eliminate the constraints or the links.

Greetings,

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 6:27 PM

All replies

• Tuesday, January 14, 2014 6:21 PM
  • Hi,

This means that the tasks that could "fill this gap" cannot happen earlier because of links or constraints. Mind you, Leveling will NOT put tasks earlier than planned in other words it will not violate links nor constraints. If you want those tasks to happen earlier make sure you eliminate the constraints or the links.

Greetings,

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 6:27 PM
  • ok Jan thanks i understand.

How can i change the hours per day manually after leveling? can i do it on resource usage page or task usage or another?

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 6:38 PM
  • Hi,

Yes you can enter work per day manually in either Usage view but that will not solve this problem since if the work is postponed due t links or constraints, the work you enter menualy will also be postponed by Project.

Greetings,

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 9:52 PM