side by side (SxS) error after attempting to clone a 120GB HDD onto a 1 TB drive. RRS feed

• Question

• I have written questions under hhays08 or 09. I am roaming these areas for an answer to my question that I can decipher in my un-taught understanding of "gobbledegook" tech talk answers. Nothing I have read points to the solution of how to correct the mis-configuration caused in the effort to transfer all Billion plus files from this HDD to the new 1 TB hard disc I now can't use to access those files nor these OEM filkes and the shadow image copies of all Billion plus files from the original disc. There is a Master directory named $Windows.~BT on this disc now & under that are the shadow image files. When I click to open Windows Live Mail, I get the error message: we can't start the Application due to a side by side configuration error. See the event viewer for more information, which might tell a software writing tech some clue, but means nothing to me about eliminating that config error. hhays08 

HHays.{Howard Hays} [Personal information redacted for privacy concerns]

Monday, May 6, 2013 1:49 AM