none
Level of effort/hammock; % complete doesnt change along RRS feed

• Question

• Hey, I have created some level of efforts/hammocks by "copy-past special" the start and finish data of activities. That goes fine.

But when I bring progress in de planning by giving the activities a percentage complete, the % complete of this level of effort/hammock remains 0%. (the dates are changing along, so the connextion is till in tact) I have worked with ‘Update Project’; ‘Reschedule uncompleted work to start after:'.

Has anybody an idea has this comes and what I can do?

Thank you very much.

Tuesday, May 9, 2017 1:42 PM

All replies

• Hi,

When you create a standard hammock task, you'll copy-paste special start and duration, thus the hammock task will just get updated on those start and finish dates. 

But you could for example do another copy-paste special from a relevant task actual duration to the hammock task actual duration. Doing this, whenever there is actual work on the given task, the hammock task will get updated. Note that it can work with any field such as actual work, % complete, actual start...

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Tuesday, May 9, 2017 1:55 PM
  • Hi. Thanks for your repley.

'Note that it can work with any field': cool. Neven thought about this.

'you'll copy-paste special start and duration': This is what I do. But strange enough, if I 'Update project' as 'Update work as complete through' I will get an percentage here. If I do it with 'Reschedule ...' I don't get.

Tuesday, May 9, 2017 2:00 PM
  • Not sure we have the same version (I have Project 2016), but with "mark on track", it works well for me.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Tuesday, May 9, 2017 2:35 PM