locked
AAM temporarly disappears RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello,

    At a customer we have a MOSS 2007 installation, everything running smooth till today.

    Suddenly the AAM was "gone" for a temporary time. The URL's to subsites would all be changed to "http://[IP]/subsite" instead of "http://hostheader/subsite".

    In the Event Viewer the only thing I can notice from around that time, is that the Search Service was throwing some warnings of site collections it can't crawl. Could this be the troublemaker?

    The time for the customer to report the issue and me checking it (2h30 later) it has already fixed itself. No-one has done anything to provoke nor fix the issue, so it came and went away automatically.

     

    Kind regards


    Laurent Schoenaers, SharePoint Lead Developer, Vortalities BVBA
    • Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Tuesday, January 10, 2012 3:45 PM Question put into Bold as difficult to find as the last para says the problem is solved.
    Tuesday, January 10, 2012 3:44 PM

All replies

  • You can check also IIS and SharePoint logs from that period maybe you will find additional information.


    MCITP|MCTS SharePoint| http://www.sharepointboco.com
    Tuesday, January 10, 2012 7:28 PM
  • I checked the SharePoint logs and Event Viewer.

    Will check those from IIS tomorrow.


    Laurent Schoenaers, SharePoint Lead Developer, Vortalities BVBA
    Tuesday, January 10, 2012 8:56 PM
  • Nothing special in the IIS logs, though I did notice they have an incremental crawl set for every 5 minutes, and that one was trying to access the site thru a different IP-address (the one which was suddenly also visible to the users in the above post).

    Every entry is like:
    2012-01-10 13:03:56 W3SVC162350343 192.168.x.29 GET /SiteCollectionImages/Nieuwsberichten/enquete.jpg - 80 DOMAIN\GJF029 10.0.2.24 Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+7.0;+Windows+NT+6.1;+Trident/4.0;+SLCC2;+.NET+CLR+2.0.50727;+.NET+CLR+3.5.30729;+.NET+CLR+3.0.30729;+Media+Center+PC+6.0;+.NET4.0C;+.NET4.0E;+InfoPath.3) 200 0 0

    The search gives this:
    2012-01-10 13:05:00 W3SVC162350343 192.168.y.215 GET / - 80 - 192.168.y.215 Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+4.01;+Windows+NT;+MS+Search+5.0+Robot) 401 2 2148074254

    Yesterday I removed the 2 sites that couldn't be crawled from the content source. I hope this might solve the problem.

    It is pretty awkward that I can't reproduce it. It just comes and goes on the fly it seems.


    Laurent Schoenaers, SharePoint Lead Developer, Vortalities BVBA
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 8:19 AM