none
Installing .NET Framework 3.5 during OSD w/MDT 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• I have SCCM 2012 R2 CU3 installed with MDT 2013 integration. In my Windows 8.1 Task Sequence I have a MDT task to install roles and features with .Net 3.5 selected.

I've imported the OS Source files into MDT as well as SCCM, MDT has them on 3 linked deployment shares, SCCM on 7 DP's. The content is all there but when the Task Sequence gets to that point it fails with 0x00000001 

I admit I don't know how SCCM knows what's on the MDT shares or if I was supposed to point it to somewhere.

Thanks in advance!

Thursday, October 2, 2014 10:35 PM

Answers

• I use this in my build and capture TS.  Here is what I did/do:

1. Create a package with the contents of the SXS folder from the 8.1 media, not the root folder, just the contents. (I copied the source files to my source file share)

2. Create a program for that package using this command line "xcopy ".\*.*" "C:\Windows\Temp\SXS" /D /E /C /I /Q /H /R /Y /S"

3. Add an Install Package step to your TS and use the one you created above.

4. Add a Run Command Line step with the command line "DISM.exe /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFx3 /All /LimitAccess /Source:C:\Windows\Temp\SXS"

That worked perfectly for me, and I only did this once because its in my build/capture. 

Best, Jacob I'm a PC.

Friday, October 3, 2014 12:17 PM

All replies