none
RCDC vs. Custom UI RRS feed

• Question

• I am using custom UI for user creation in FIM Portal. The custom UI is using Resource Management Client. I have replaced the CreatePerson.aspx with my own ASPX page. This new ASPX page contains approximately 10 rows with input fields for user attributes (something similar to http://fimcreativethoughts.blogspot.fi/2012/05/fim-custom-user-interface-ui-create_14.html). I would like to evaluate all defined MPRs to decide, if the curent user is allowed to edit specific attribute. If he/she is not, the row in the table should be rendered as read-only on the UI.

Using RCDC I can rely on the permission granting MPRs for this. If there is an MPR that grants modify permission for specific attribute, it will be displayed on the UI, otherwise, it will be displayed as read-only (if there is an MPR granting read access to this attribute).

Is there a simple possiblity to do this using Resource Management Portal? I.e. can I evaluate the permissions of the current user for the given resource type and attribute name (e.g. what are the permissions of the current user on the resource type Person and attribute DisplayName)?

Many thanks for any answer.
    Milos

• Edited by Milos C Monday, June 10, 2013 1:42 PM
    Monday, June 10, 2013 1:42 PM