Can we sequence a application which is having multiple .MSI installation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a client application which consisting 5 .MSI installation file. We need to install one by one in a sueqnce order. Can someone assist me on this ? how to build a single package ?

Thanks a lot in Advnace :)

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 9:20 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Choose custom installation

Open a cmd

execute all MSIs as needed

Check I am finished

Click Next

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 9:36 AM
  • Hi, can you start the install off that MSI without the sequencer started on that machine??

Try to revert to a clean state and install .NET again pre-sequence.

• Marked as answer by Harry acc Monday, September 15, 2014 9:07 AM
    Friday, May 17, 2013 11:31 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Choose custom installation

Open a cmd

execute all MSIs as needed

Check I am finished

Click Next

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 9:36 AM
  • Thanks for your quick help.

I have tried but getting Error code 1935 "An Error occured during the assembly of 'Office version= 11.0.0",Cultural= 'neutral," RuntimeVersion= 'v1.. ..................Hresult: 0x8002802F

Thursday, May 16, 2013 9:19 AM
  • Hello,

I have no idea how you produce this error? Perhaps you can elaborate a lot more on what you are doing?

Thursday, May 16, 2013 10:51 AM
  • Hello,

I'm using Sequencer 4.6 sp1 through which have build so many pacakges e.g office and other application as well but this is something different kind of installer - a application which consisting 5 .msi(1.msi, 2.msi, 3.msi, 4.msi, 5.msi) installer. one by one we need to install all 5 msi installer. Without sequencer - no issue in installation but when start monitoring 1.msi installed but when run 2.msi its gives an error code : 1935 -as mentioned in above query.

I have tried two options:1) 1st create a single package post installation of 1.msi file and saved the package >revert the vm > again open the existing package and trying to Add new application option with 2.msi file. but no luck. Actually I was thinking one by one we can Add as a new application and build a complete package, so that we can virtualise the application.

Friday, May 17, 2013 5:24 AM
  • Hello,

I would enable verbose logging for the specific MSI and verify what it says.

Friday, May 17, 2013 7:41 AM
  • Hi, can you start the install off that MSI without the sequencer started on that machine??

Try to revert to a clean state and install .NET again pre-sequence.

• Marked as answer by Harry acc Monday, September 15, 2014 9:07 AM
    Friday, May 17, 2013 11:31 AM
  • Hello,

Yes, that's what we call a normal installation - and how software is deployed outside of App-V. That will not be captured if you attempt to later start the sequencer while the installer is still running.

.NET Framework can not be sequenced - it is an operating system component

Friday, May 17, 2013 11:47 AM