none
Zendesk plugin for Outlook 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am a very new IT administrator and recently I was asked to figure out how to get the Zendesk plugin for Microsoft Outlook to work with other groups besides the users main email group. For instance we have a group specifically created to funnel support tickets through Outlook. Once the email hits the Outlook account one of our support people read the email and determine if the issue needs to be escalated and sent to Zendesk where our higher level support personnel can read and interact with the creator of the ticket. The problem is that Zendesk can't run in any other group besides the main users email account. When we try to open the Zendesk plugin to create a ticket we get an error message saying that the plugin will not work with that group or any other group for that matter. We can create tickets with ease as long as we use the main email account. We spoke with the Zendesk developers and they said it was a Microsoft issue. I know this might not be explained clearly so please let me know if you need any other information to resolve this issue. Thank you so much for the help.

Here is the image of the error,

You can see the plugin icon is lit up as if it were working in the current folder,

The folder is listed in Outlook on the left navigation bar. The account or group for that folder works great with no issues with sending or receiving emails, we just cant get Zendesk to work with another folder. Stumped!

Matt Catlett

IT Administrator

Libera, Inc. 

• Edited by MattCat26 Wednesday, April 27, 2016 2:58 PM
    Wednesday, April 27, 2016 2:50 PM