Log or monitor domain users web site visits? RRS feed

• Question

• Hey everyone.  I have SBS 2008.  I'm just updating my employee handbook and I'm basing it off one of my partner companies handbooks.  They also run Windows Server not sure what version.  In the handbook it says that all employee website visits and traffic is logged and monitored.  I put that in mine as well but just realized I don't know how to do that!  Is that any type of special add on or am I able to do this somehow?  Not really important just curious thanks!
    Tuesday, December 21, 2010 3:20 PM

Answers

• There isn't such a feature built into SBS. However, if you are running ISA or a firewall which does looging, then you should be able to collect this kind of information.

Regards, Boon Tee - PowerBiz Solutions, Australia
    • Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Thursday, December 23, 2010 7:50 AM
    Tuesday, December 21, 2010 3:39 PM

All replies

• There isn't such a feature built into SBS. However, if you are running ISA or a firewall which does looging, then you should be able to collect this kind of information.

Regards, Boon Tee - PowerBiz Solutions, Australia
    • Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Thursday, December 23, 2010 7:50 AM
    Tuesday, December 21, 2010 3:39 PM
  • I have a similar "clause" in my handbook.

I find that simply having it stated, and making reference to it occasionally usually does the trick without physically monitoring

Tuesday, December 21, 2010 4:18 PM
  • In my company HR asked me to have the configuration on SBS 2003 to monitor who and what sites are visiting. I am wondering whether the server has any built in option or any 3rd party help to do it.

Please help if anyone have any idea. I mean if even any reliable third party application about it.

mahbub shahin
    Friday, June 10, 2011 8:16 PM
  • Do you have SBS 2003 Premium with ISA 2004 installed? If so you can do this monitoring.Otherwise you'll need a 3rd party product.

Steve

<shahinmh> wrote in message news:7b7928d0-00ee-4c05-a69f-0762d635a799@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

In my company HR asked me to have the configuration on SBS 2003 to monitor who and what sites are visiting. I am wondering whether the server has any built in option or any 3rd party help to do it.

Please help if anyone have any idea. I mean if even any reliable third party application about it.

mahbub shahin

Friday, June 10, 2011 9:19 PM
  • Thank you Steve,

Do I have to purchase ISA or free with the server?  So far I know from google that if I can create script on system 32 folder I will be able to get atleast log in information from the server. I believe It should some utility to view client log in information in event viwer.

mahbub shahin
    Friday, June 10, 2011 10:13 PM
  • ISA 2004 was part of SBS 2003 Premium so yes you would have needed to buy that long ago.

Steve

<shahinmh> wrote in message news:f51e84e3-da64-472f-83a4-aa08b789f2c1@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

Thank you Steve,

Do I have to purchase ISA or free with the server? So far I know from google that if I can create script on system 32 folder I will be able to get atleast log in information from the server. I believe It should some utility to view client log in information in event viwer.

mahbub shahin

• Proposed as answer by shahinmh Wednesday, August 24, 2011 9:50 PM
    Saturday, June 11, 2011 12:32 AM
  • Yes, by this time I researched on it. It is changed from the name ISA to Forefront.

mahbub shahin
    • Proposed as answer by shahinmh Wednesday, August 24, 2011 9:50 PM
    Saturday, June 11, 2011 3:52 AM