Outlook 365 RRS feed

• Question

• I have been a victim of the recent shoddy update to outlook 365  where some emails have been deleted at random. I have now updated outlook to the latest version.

My questions are:-

Why was I never told that this bug had occurred.  I have lost many emails and am now having to ring clients. I now look like an idiot

How can I be sure you have fixed the problem?

I await your response as I have lost faith in your application

Sunday, March 13, 2016 11:37 PM

Answers

• Hi,

What's your account type(POP, IMAP or Exchange)? And what's your detailed Outlook version? Please share the detailed information here and I would help you to confirm if the issue is related to an Outlook bug.

Currently, there is an known issue with the Outlook 2016 version 16.0.6568.2025 configured to use POP3:

• After Outlook downloads your email, all the email messages on the server are deleted from the Inbox.
    • Email messages are downloaded multiple times in Outlook, causing duplicate items.

If that is the case, please install the latest version 16.0.6568.2036 or later as a workaround. For more information about this issue, please refer to:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/3145116

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Winnie Liang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, March 14, 2016 11:28 AM