Service Manager 2012 - Cannot Create Library Groups RRS feed

• Question

• In trying to create groups in SCSM 2012, the process keeps failing with an error saying "The new group creation failed.  An item with the same key has already been added."

Is there any explanation for this error?  I am creating the groups in a custom management pack and they are the only items in it.  The first two groups were created with no issues; the third try gave the "same key" error above.  Fourth try gave me an error saying something about infra.MP couldn't verify ENU - on this one I clicked Previous in the wizard, then Next and created the group with no trouble.  Since then I am unable to create any groups at all - every try returns the "same key" error above.

Anyone else have experience with this issue, or even a better explanation of what might be causing the "same key" error?

Thursday, August 1, 2013 9:43 PM

Answers

• I know this is an old post, but I'm just replying so the answer is here. I've also found that if you try to put both a Catalog Group, and a Standard SCSM Group in the same management pack you'll get this error. I ended up splitting my Catalog Groups and Standard Groups into separate management packs and this error went away.
    • Proposed as answer by _Keith_ Thursday, November 24, 2016 5:14 PM
    • Marked as answer by Andreas BaumgartenMVP Tuesday, January 29, 2019 10:24 AM
    Thursday, November 24, 2016 5:14 PM
  • Excellent Thanks. I have just exported the MP and removed the reference to my Instance Group. This has resolved the issue instead of deleting and re-creating all the work 
    Tuesday, January 29, 2019 10:22 AM

All replies

• Hi, is there any/other error logged in the event logs (operation manager)
    Thursday, August 1, 2013 10:54 PM
  • No error log events for the error "An item with the same key has already been added."  The one attempt that gave me an error re: validating ENU did produce an event with the following text:

An exception was thrown while processing TryUpdateManagementPackWithResources for session ID ...

Exception message: Database error. MPInfra_p_ManagementPackInstall failed with exception:

Failed to validate item: ENU

Full Exception: : Database error. MPInfra_p_ManagementPackInstall failed with exception:

Failed to validate item: ENU

However when this error occurred I was able to create the group successfully by just clicking Previous in the Wizard and then Create again (without making any changes).
    Friday, August 2, 2013 4:00 PM
  • The issue was resolved by deleting and recreating the Management Pack containing the group.
    Thursday, August 8, 2013 1:25 PM
  • Good to hear and thanks for sharing the solution
    Thursday, August 8, 2013 1:36 PM
  • I know this is an old post, but I'm just replying so the answer is here. I've also found that if you try to put both a Catalog Group, and a Standard SCSM Group in the same management pack you'll get this error. I ended up splitting my Catalog Groups and Standard Groups into separate management packs and this error went away.
    • Proposed as answer by _Keith_ Thursday, November 24, 2016 5:14 PM
    • Marked as answer by Andreas BaumgartenMVP Tuesday, January 29, 2019 10:24 AM
    Thursday, November 24, 2016 5:14 PM
  • Excellent Thanks. I have just exported the MP and removed the reference to my Instance Group. This has resolved the issue instead of deleting and re-creating all the work 
    Tuesday, January 29, 2019 10:22 AM