none
Remaining work against resource report RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Is there a remaining work report I can run against resource groups?  I have found several, and have been pointed in the direction of the resource usage but it includes all work and I'm only interested in showing remaining work by resource within a date range.

Thanks

Thursday, August 16, 2012 7:48 PM

Answers

• Great.  I'm glad you were able to work out what you needed.  If the filtered Resource Usage view works for you I'd run with that.

Julie

• Marked as answer by joday48 Sunday, August 19, 2012 6:47 AM
    Friday, August 17, 2012 12:22 PM
  • Hi Julie

Thank you for your help, I'll have a look at the visual report now.

I've been receiving some great help offline and have been shown how to apply a date range to the resource usage sheet, modify the parameters in the print set up to include totals, and converting to a PDF and this is exactly what I am looking for.  (As you say I can assume all remaining work will be to the right of the status date).

Many thanks for your help.

Jo

J Day

• Marked as answer by joday48 Friday, August 17, 2012 10:07 AM
    Friday, August 17, 2012 10:07 AM

All replies

• Have you looked at the Resource Remaining Work Visual Report?  The visual report shows Actual and Remaining work for each resource - but you can certainly shut off Actual Work in the Pivot table.

To the best of my knowledge, remaining work is not available as a separate time-phased value.  In the resource usage view, any work to the right of the status date should be remaining work.

I hope this helps.

Julie

• Proposed as answer by Ismet Kocaman Friday, August 17, 2012 2:44 PM
    Thursday, August 16, 2012 8:20 PM
  • Hi Julie

Thank you for your help, I'll have a look at the visual report now.

I've been receiving some great help offline and have been shown how to apply a date range to the resource usage sheet, modify the parameters in the print set up to include totals, and converting to a PDF and this is exactly what I am looking for.  (As you say I can assume all remaining work will be to the right of the status date).

Many thanks for your help.

Jo

J Day

• Marked as answer by joday48 Friday, August 17, 2012 10:07 AM
    Friday, August 17, 2012 10:07 AM
  • Great.  I'm glad you were able to work out what you needed.  If the filtered Resource Usage view works for you I'd run with that.

Julie

• Marked as answer by joday48 Sunday, August 19, 2012 6:47 AM
    Friday, August 17, 2012 12:22 PM