Unable to install local script on W10 Enterprise Machines RRS feed

• Question

• I am running into this problem on about 4 machines ASUS, HP G Series, Samsung - can anybody help? It works on SurfacePro3 and an HP Pavilion.
    Monday, February 20, 2017 6:09 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This seems to be related to a machine with the wrong Win10 SKU.

This is from our TechNet troubleshooting guide:

Possible cause: Attempt to deploy Windows Defender ATP on non-supported SKU/Platform, particularly Holographic SKU.

Currently is supported platforms: Enterprise, Education, and Professional.
    Server is not supported.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/itpro/windows/keep-secure/troubleshoot-onboarding-windows-defender-advanced-threat-protection  

Please let us know if this resolves the issue.

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 8:12 AM
  • Amit - all the devices are Windows 10 Enterprise or Windows 10 Education. So that's not the problem and has NOT resolved the issue. Please HELP!

If you share me a way to send it, I will send you a BITMAP from Intune showing that they are either of those OS'es. I don't want to publish my machine names in a public forum.

Thanks

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 8:40 PM
  • Hi,

In order to troubleshoot this, please run the following instructions on the machine that failed to onboard to collect detailed log information and sent it to us:

1. Download the troubleshooting package to the PC where the Windows Defender ATP sensor is running.
    2. Extract the contents of the troubleshooting package to a directory on the computer hard drive (for example:  C:\Tools\Endpoint_Support_Tools).
    3. Open an elevated command-line.
    4. Execute the tool by executing command:
      C:\Tools\Endpoint_Support_Tools\SenseSnapshot\PsExec.exe -s -i -accepteula C:\Tools\Endpoint_Support_Tools\SenseSnapshot\SenseSnapshot.exe
    5. The output file (Snapshot.zip) will be saved under the same folder where the tool is located (for example: C:\Tools\Endpoint_Support_Tools\SenseSnapshot).
    6. Send us the output file Snapshot.zip. You can upload it to OneDrive folder here .

Thanks,

Amit

Sunday, March 5, 2017 1:28 PM