AppV Client installation error. RRS feed

• Question

• Hey there.  We have been running softgrid for a good while.  No problems.  We have been upgrading machines to 4.5 with relatively few problems.  I do have on machine that is being stubborn.  It did not upgrade well to begin with and when ever I try install 4.5 it bombs out with an 1721 error.  It gets just about complete when I get something with mofcomp can't run something. I have tried normal fixes from the knowledgebase to fix this but a no go.  Any ideas?
    Wednesday, March 11, 2009 8:14 PM

Answers

•  

The cause of this problem is the WINMGMT - Windows Management Instrumentation service.

I have found a procedure that rebuilds the WMI modules.

Open a Command Prompt and enter the line below. 

rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection WBEM 132 %windir%\inf\wbemoc.inf

It will now ask for a Windows XP SP2 CD in which it can rebuild the WMI modules from.

Insert the CD and browse to the D:\I386\

It will now rebuild the WMI modules.

Restart machine and re-run the installation and it should work fine.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 12:54 PM

All replies

• Hello,

here comes the appdeploy answer;
    http://www.appdeploy.com/msierrors/detail.asp?id=159

I don't know what a "normal" fix for this would be? First I would simply try to recopy the installation-files to the machine and install it manually via local media.

/Znack
    Thursday, March 12, 2009 8:42 AM
  • Probably a permissions issue.  Perhaps the following info will lead you to it.

mofcomp is the wmi comiler.  The App-V installer has a file (ends with .mof) which is an xml file with the definitions for the WMI Provider that the App-V client now has in version 4.5.  As part of the install, the mof must be "compiled" so that WMI knows about it.  You can probably locate the mof file from another client, copy it to this station and run "mofcomp filename.mof" on the file and also see it fail.

Either the admin user doesn't have the rights, or at one point this machine had maybe a beta 4.5 mof compiled that is in the way.  Find this, fix the problem and rerun the install.
    Sunday, March 15, 2009 5:31 PM
  •  

The cause of this problem is the WINMGMT - Windows Management Instrumentation service.

I have found a procedure that rebuilds the WMI modules.

Open a Command Prompt and enter the line below. 

rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection WBEM 132 %windir%\inf\wbemoc.inf

It will now ask for a Windows XP SP2 CD in which it can rebuild the WMI modules from.

Insert the CD and browse to the D:\I386\

It will now rebuild the WMI modules.

Restart machine and re-run the installation and it should work fine.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 12:54 PM