none
Is there a way to customize new tab page (on which IE displays thumbnails of most visited websites) of Internet Explorer from BHO? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

Is there a way to customize new tab page from BHO? Is there any event or API in which I can write my own start up page to display in new tab window/blank window ?  This is something like Chrome and Firefox browser, these browsers provides functionality to override new tab page from browser plugin. 

Please help me.

Thanks

Saturday, August 31, 2013 5:46 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Yes, like you said, with Browser Helper Objects we can write components—specifically, in-process Component Object Model (COM) components—that Internet Explorer will load each time it starts up. Such objects run in the same memory context as the browser and can perform any action on the available windows and modules. For example, a BHO could detect the browser's typical events, such as GoBack, GoForward, and DocumentComplete; access the browser's menu and toolbar and make changes; create windows to display additional information on the currently viewed page; and install hooks to monitor messages and actions.

About how to achieve it in detailed, we’d recommend you ask Internet Explorer Developer forum for professional solution:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/home?searchTerm=

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Karen Hu
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, September 2, 2013 8:37 AM

All replies