[Could not load file or assembly ...] in the .NET custom connector (BCS) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have implemented the .NET Custom connector on BCS. I have to add two assembly files (dll) in order to call custom functionality.

In the visual studio 2010, I added these two dll via the package designer of BCS (And these assembly was added in the package manifest). Then, I can  deploy this connector to sharepoint farm without any error. And I go to central administrator and deploy this solution without any problem too.

But, when I start FAST crawl this line of business (BCS), the following error occurs.

Could not load file or assembly ... or one of its dependencies...

I also register these two dll in the application server through the VS command prompt by using gacutil.

I don't know why this error still occurs.

Do I need to do extra step to add these dll in my .NET custom connector.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Andy

Friday, September 16, 2011 5:35 PM

All replies

• Hi Andy,

Thanks for your post.  Would it be an option for you to copy the complete error message so we can see it?  An example of a complete message is below:

"Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

Thanks!

Rob Vazzana | Sr Support Escalation Engineer | US Customer Service & Support

Customer Service & Support                          Microsoft | Services

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 9:07 PM
  • Hi Rob,

Thanks, I think I found the root cause. It is because I am using the Microsoft.Web.Service2.dll but I didn't install the WSE (Web service Enhancement). After I install the WSE, this error was gone.

Anyway, because I am using the WSE, there is a limit of uploading and downloading file. If I implemented the web or application. I can put this config in the web.config or app.config file to increase the limit

<microsoft.web.services2>

<messaging>

<maxRequestLength>-1</maxRequestLength>

</messaging>

</microsoft.web.services2> 

But, I cannot find .config for the BCS .NET custom connector. I even added the config for that but it didnot work which stated that the "configuration error".

Do you have any idea where is the .config for the BCS so that I can put the <maxRequestLength> in it?

Best Regards,

Andy

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 4:12 AM