Outlook 2016 Calendar Message Forward Notifications RRS feed

• Question

• All,

We are using Office 365 in a hybrid configuration.  I have a user who forwarded a meeting request for a meeting that happens every Friday to another user who was left off unintentionally.  The user who forwarded this request is not the meeting organizer.  Every Friday, the meeting organizer gets a message that this meeting was forwarded.  How can I get this message to stop occurring every time the meeting is scheduled?  The meeting organizer does not want to set the "Delete notifications about forwarded events" option in Outlook Web.  Is there a way to get this message to stop sending every Friday?

Thanks for any help provided! 

Friday, May 12, 2017 8:52 PM

All replies

• Hi TommyV8,

>>  The meeting organizer does not want to set the "Delete notifications about forwarded events" option in Outlook Web. 

In this case, an workaround I can think of is that the meeting organizer may send a meeting update with a new end date, then recreate a recurring meeting request to include all attendees.

Besides,  to forward a meeting invitation without notifying the organizer, we can try to follow the simple tricks introduced in this article:

https://www.datanumen.com/blogs/3-methods-forward-meeting-invitation-without-notifying-organizer/

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope you can find this helpful.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 15, 2017 9:10 AM