I have installed role AD RMS and configure but i don't know how to protect document. Can you help me to configure this RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Support,

I have installed role AD RMS and configure but i don't know how to protect document. Can you help me to configure this 

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 5:45 PM

All replies

• Hi IT.Pradeep,

The answer is not straigt forward. There are many guides to be found in the Internet. If you want, let me know we can schedule some session.

Did my post help you or make you laugh? Don't forget to click the Helpful vote :) If I answered your question please mark my post as an Answer.

Thursday, January 12, 2017 10:05 PM
  • In general, when you install the role you will want to register the Service Connection Point (this can be done on install or after install). This will allow all clients who are logged into Active Directory that the RMS server exists and what URL to contact. Once that is done, you should be able to go into Word (for example) and choose Info\Protect Document\

You can then choose specific users who have access.
    You don't HAVE to configure templates, but if you do, they will show up in this menu item as well.

Friday, January 13, 2017 8:27 PM
  • Hello Eddie

Thanks for sharing the detail but i don't much about this.

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 6:04 AM
  • Hi,

please try following procedure described by Microsoft and let me know if that worked for you:

To protect a document in Word 2013
    1. Within Microsoft Word, create a new document.
    2. From the File menu, click Info, click Protect Document, click Restrict Access, and then choose a template to quickly apply the appropriate usage rights, or select Restrict Access and select the usage rights yourself.

If this is the first time that you have used Rights Management, you will contact the Azure Rights Management service and will be prompted for credentials to configure the Office IRM client.

3. Save the document.

Did my post help you or make you laugh? Don't forget to click the Helpful vote :) If I answered your question please mark my post as an Answer.

Sunday, February 19, 2017 6:19 PM
  • Hi support,

I will tra again and will be update same. 

I want to change primer email id on technet portal. Please guide me. 

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 5:55 PM