Win 10 can't detect Feature Update on WSUS (Windows Server 2016) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guy,

I have a problem that the Windows 10 client can't detect Feature Update for Windows 10.

The WSUS is Windows Server 2016, the Win 10 client version 15xx, 16xx, I tested that can't detect the Feature Update.

It confirm that the Win 10 client can get KB update on the same WSUS (WS 2016).

Found some article saying there have an issue if WSUS is Windows Server 2012 R2, but I am using WS 2016.

May I have any suggestion?

Regards

Thanks...KEN

Sunday, July 8, 2018 3:43 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Is my suggestion helpful for the problem? I would appreciate it if you could mark the replies as answer.

Best regards,
    Johnson

=====================
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by lywwing Tuesday, July 10, 2018 9:16 AM
    Tuesday, July 10, 2018 3:22 AM

All replies

• Hi, 

According to the condition, you should check the WSUS updates list to confirm that the needed updates is synchronized. 

If there are no needed feature updates, the right products and classifications (upgrades selected) in the options should be selected.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,
    Johnson

=====================
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 9, 2018 2:53 AM
  • hi Johnson,

Yes, I already "check" all with the prefix of Windows 10, but no help.

Regards

Thanks...KEN

Monday, July 9, 2018 7:00 AM
  • hi Johnson,

And the "updates" in classification also checked.

Regards

Thanks...KEN

Monday, July 9, 2018 7:15 AM
  • Hi,

It is unusual cause I can get these updates in my own lab.

To avoid some mistakes in the synchronization, I will show th detailed steps:

Select right products and classification:

Synchronize the updates:

After synchronization completing, search for the needed updates:

Finally, you can see the results:

At this poiny, you can approve them if seeing these updates, and Windows 10 client can detect feature update. 

If not showing up, please contact me. It may have some problem in the configuration.

Best regards,
    Johnson

=====================

Monday, July 9, 2018 8:12 AM
  • Hi Johnson,

It work now. I selected wrong product name, too many many windows 10 family product.

Regards

Thanks...KEN

Monday, July 9, 2018 12:47 PM
  • Hi,

Is my suggestion helpful for the problem? I would appreciate it if you could mark the replies as answer.

Best regards,
    Johnson

=====================

• Marked as answer by lywwing Tuesday, July 10, 2018 9:16 AM
    Tuesday, July 10, 2018 3:22 AM