none
Creation of a Custom Filter based on this week + overdue RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to create a custom filter based on the current day...

I manged to crete a custom filter where I have to manually insert start and end of the week, but I was wondering if it is possible to read the "system clock" and from there automatically get start and end of the current week...

Not sure if I am in the right forum and/or if I should post this in the VBA/development forum... I feel that this should be an out of the box feature :)

Many thnaks

Regard

Ivan

Thursday, February 11, 2016 6:10 AM

Answers

• Hi Ivan,

You cannot directly get the current date in a filter. The trick is to create a date custom field (date1) equal to the current date (formula/field/Project/Date/Current Date).

Then you can use this date1 custom field in your custom filter.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCC |

• Marked as answer by Ivan Pironi Friday, February 12, 2016 6:18 AM
    Thursday, February 11, 2016 8:15 AM

All replies

• Hi Ivan,

You cannot directly get the current date in a filter. The trick is to create a date custom field (date1) equal to the current date (formula/field/Project/Date/Current Date).

Then you can use this date1 custom field in your custom filter.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCC |

• Marked as answer by Ivan Pironi Friday, February 12, 2016 6:18 AM
    Thursday, February 11, 2016 8:15 AM
  • Hello Ivan,

Have you looked at the built in filters "Tasks due this week", "Tasks Starting soon"?  Those may get you started in the right path.  

You can also use "Today is:"? as a value in a filter.  For example, the filter below will show any task where the finish date is less than today.

Thursday, February 11, 2016 3:34 PM