Issues with data view - can't convert to XSLT and link on title field all wrong! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, i'm fairly new to SPD 2007 so hopefully this isn't too silly a question...

I have made a custom list.  there are numerous workflows on it, and some of these generate emails prompting someone to edit their item, or view an item to approve it.

When i click a link in these emails i link to the DisplayForm.aspx of the list to see the item no problem - i can edit it, approve it, delete it, view it etc etc

However when i try to create a data view of the list, for "allitems.aspx", for example, i add "title (with link)" as a field, and the link is not going to the right place.
    As opposed to going to http://mysite.com/listname/displayForm.aspx it is just going to mysite.com/?ID=xxx

Also, when i try to convert any data view on this list to xslt data view, it then won't show in browser, i get the following error message:

Unable to display this Web Part. To troubleshoot the problem, open this Web page in a Windows SharePoint Services-compatible HTML editor such as Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer. If the problem persists, contact your Web server administrator.

If anyone can help me with this issue i would be eternally grateful! thank you

fiona

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 2:42 PM

Answers

•  

Hi pagetta,

So, there are some errors on your “AllItems.aspx”, you should delete your custom data view web part. Add a web part of your list again . Then convert you list view web part to XLST web part. Please don’t insert the data view.

Thanks,

Jack

Friday, May 25, 2012 6:47 AM