Dashboard Analyze URL for KPIs RRS feed

• Question

• For Dashboard views of type "ProClarity Analytics Server page", you can add the parameter information into the Analyze link url. This will pass the currently selected parameter values into Web Standard.

http://machineName/pas/proclarity.asp?uiConfig=&page={6a7a0c18-a34d-4ac5-917e-5fd69c5e948a}&expr=[[ParameterName:xml({0})]]

However, this technique does not work for the KPI portlets that are children of the main KPI view. When you set the analyze url to include the "expr=[[ParameterName:xml({0})]]" and then click the analyze icon for a specific KPI the resulting PAS url does not swap out the expr with the selected parameter values.

Was this feature not implemented or is this a known issue? We are not sure if this was never an intended feature, whether this is a bug.

Thursday, December 20, 2007 8:15 PM

Answers

• Hi Greg,

This should work just fine regardless of whether you're specifying the URL Parameters for a PAS View or a KPI View.  I tested this scenario with our latest 6.3.2214 build using the Adventure Works data and everything worked great.  What is the exact XML fragment being used for the URL?  If you'd like to send it my way I'd be happy to take a look at it. 

Thanks,

Amanda Ruffner 

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 10:06 PM

All replies

• Hi Greg,

This should work just fine regardless of whether you're specifying the URL Parameters for a PAS View or a KPI View.  I tested this scenario with our latest 6.3.2214 build using the Adventure Works data and everything worked great.  What is the exact XML fragment being used for the URL?  If you'd like to send it my way I'd be happy to take a look at it. 

Thanks,

Amanda Ruffner 

Wednesday, December 26, 2007 10:06 PM
  • I have exactly the same issue , the parameter syntax is not working through a KPI analyze URL,
    however, copy and pasted on a normal PAS page analyze URL, it works fine...

http://ourserver/PAS/proclarity.asp?uiConfig=&page={52c0e866-8496-450e-a8d1-9005bcca088e}&expr=[[Region_Centres:xml(<m>{0}</m>)]][[MatterTypes:xml(<m>{0}</m>)]]

I'm using:
    PAS: 6.3.2217
    PDS: 6.3.2214
    however, it seems to be there even when we were on 6.1
    Friday, February 20, 2009 4:08 PM
  • Would you be willing to test this with something like AdWorks?  If you can get the problem to repro in a common cube, send us the steps and we can spend some time looking into it and submit it to development if we're able to consistently produce the problem.  The other option would be to open an official case (link for this at the top of the forum) and we can work with you to isolate the problem and find a solution.
    Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, February 27, 2009 6:02 PM