none
Delegates - Setting up in bulk in PS2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Does anyone know a way to set up the whole of PMO (maybe 8 people) to have delegate rights for the whole resource pool (600 resources) without having to set each line up individually. We will be trying to use line managers but PMO have a need to input corrected timesheets etc.

Was wondering whether anyone had done this - we are trying to get this feature to be mainly used by line managers rather than PMO but there is a PMO need and necessary to keep time down and hopefully avoid the administrator server settings entries.

The database table (MSP_resources_delegation) looks quite self contained and simple - a bit tempting to put the entries in directly somehow for a ten year term.

Thanks

Brian

Brian Hyam
    Monday, February 6, 2012 4:01 PM

All replies

• Hi Brian,

I haven't tried this, it would be great, if you get no other replies, to let us know how you get on!

Ben Howard [MVP] blog | web
    Monday, February 6, 2012 10:33 PM
  • Have a look at Timesheet Adjustment if all they are doing is inputing corrected timesheets.

Also, if the team member (resource) is expected to input their timesheet themself why cant they correct them? If they are not doing their own timesheets then think about setting the default Assignment Owner for groups of resources to be one person so they enter the time for the resource.

Brian Kennemer – DeltaBahn Senior Architect
    endlessly obsessing about Project Server…so that you don’t have to.
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 1:59 AM
  • Thanks Brian and Ben

We will be trying to get this kind of correction out to team leads in due course. I don't believe the default assignment owner is a route as we are using single entry mode - timesheets and we hide the my tasks interface.

I don't think other means of adjusting actuals - approval centre, history would feed corrections back into the project plan. I think we need to recall then resubmit to get everything right but do let me know if I'm wrong.

Delegates would also be used for submitting missed timesheets when folk are away.

Re the database - I'm just a little concerned on whether the first guid would autogenerate on adding - perhaps I'll try on a test database instance.

Brian

Brian Hyam

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 6:35 AM
  • I had the same thought about writing something to add them on bulk a while back, I haven't had a chance to get the script finished.  Certainly you should only consider doing this via the PSI and not directly into the DB which is unsupported.

Alex Burton
    www.epmsource.com | Twitter
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 10:22 AM