none
Adding a Filter Condition RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is it possible to have a filter in the final excel sheet developed using power query?

More elaborately, I have a Report that has a filter for a Quarter. User can select a particular Quarter of the year from a drop down list and the report is filtered for that particular Quarter. I replicated this using Power Query but I didn't find any way to filter this like the original one does. The only option that I could think of was have an extra column specifying the Quarter for each record, load this into a table, use this to create a power view and then use the Quarter Column as filter in Power View.

But this is very tedious. If I have multiple filters - Like Quarter and Year,  I have to make sure that each filter is a separate column in the sheet. Moreover this leads to unnecessary extra columns in the excel sheet.

Is there any other way to get the same result? 

Tuesday, February 2, 2016 6:55 AM

Answers

• I do not believe that Power Query supports filters at this time. I would recommend use the data model versus Excel tables, load everything into the data model, with the extra columns but then you can hide those columns from the user. You might also give this a go:

http://www.daxpatterns.com/parameter-table/

Wednesday, February 3, 2016 5:20 PM