How To Use Data View Webpart RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

We have my site pages for ever employer in the company. We have stored employees data in SharePoint list. I need to pull the data from the list in the my site page for individual site for employer as per the login id. So how can i use Data view part for this. Kindly help me on this.

Kiran
    Friday, February 19, 2010 5:42 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You can do this

1. Add the Data viewer webpart on your page for the list.

for this fo through Laura screencast there you could get how we can use DVWP effieciently,
    http://www.sharepoint911.com/blogs/laura/Pages/Data%20View%20Web%20Part%20Screencasts.aspx

2. After this in designer select that webpart click on filter here you can select the list column on which you wants to filter in Value there in select Current User click on OK.
    Thats all.

hope this will help you.
    Thanks Shrivallabh Kulkarni
    • Proposed as answer by Ashish Kanoongo Wednesday, February 24, 2010 1:43 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mike Walsh FIN Wednesday, February 24, 2010 4:26 AM
    Friday, February 19, 2010 8:49 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You can do this

1. Add the Data viewer webpart on your page for the list.

for this fo through Laura screencast there you could get how we can use DVWP effieciently,
    http://www.sharepoint911.com/blogs/laura/Pages/Data%20View%20Web%20Part%20Screencasts.aspx

2. After this in designer select that webpart click on filter here you can select the list column on which you wants to filter in Value there in select Current User click on OK.
    Thats all.

hope this will help you.
    Thanks Shrivallabh Kulkarni
    • Proposed as answer by Ashish Kanoongo Wednesday, February 24, 2010 1:43 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mike Walsh FIN Wednesday, February 24, 2010 4:26 AM
    Friday, February 19, 2010 8:49 AM
  • Hi, Thank you very much. Your replay has helped a lot. I will be in touch.

Sunday, February 21, 2010 7:52 PM