Microsoft Office Home and student 2007 on Windows Home Premium 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Just got new computer, Needed to do a quick letter, saw the download windows Live Essentials, used that temp.

Office Home & Student 2007 problems starting to happen with installing his product

I installed it with CD,  only saw the One note, not the Word, Excel or Power Point, ran the troubleshooter, it opened the programs, I did a quick type, saved, reopened, after closing the troubleshooter says incompatabile, so none of these show up in my programs except the One Note.

I then checked for updates, downloaded updates, failed.

Uninstalled and reinstalled with CD, did same as above, with troubleshooter open, typed, saved, clicked new, clicked doc I just typed. I cannot find the saved doc or any of the Office Home & Student 2007 Programs except One Note

Is the Live essentials free download causing this trouble, I was hoping if Office 2007 would have been installed I could get an upgrade to 2010 version. I only do about 100 letters and spreadsheets over the year, not a constant user of this product but would like to have it working for when I  need it

I stll need to transfer files from old computer, in doing this will this help, can you copy over the program files?

Thanks in advance

Tuesday, March 1, 2011 8:11 AM

Answers

• Did your new computer come with a trial of Office 2007 or 2010? If so, that should have been uninstalled before you tried to install your version of Office 2007.

Uninstall Office - all versions installed - and see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301 if you cannot remove it/them completely.

Then reinstall Office 2007. Do a Custom install and select the programs and tools you want.

Installed Office programs will be at C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12 for Office 2007 and C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14 for Office 2010.

• Marked as answer by Juke Chou Thursday, March 17, 2011 7:35 AM
    Tuesday, March 1, 2011 9:02 AM

All replies

• Did your new computer come with a trial of Office 2007 or 2010? If so, that should have been uninstalled before you tried to install your version of Office 2007.

Uninstall Office - all versions installed - and see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301 if you cannot remove it/them completely.

Then reinstall Office 2007. Do a Custom install and select the programs and tools you want.

Installed Office programs will be at C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12 for Office 2007 and C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14 for Office 2010.

• Marked as answer by Juke Chou Thursday, March 17, 2011 7:35 AM
    Tuesday, March 1, 2011 9:02 AM

The trail version of office 2010 came on new computer with windows 7.

You are saying to uninstall the Office 2010, then reinstall the Office 2007 correct?

Then I guess is ok to uninstall new trial products on new computer? Just want to be safe

Thanks for answering, Gandian

The office 2007 I had purchased  was prev on my XP)

Tuesday, March 1, 2011 10:14 AM