How to add dynamic link library manually RRS feed

• Question

• Adter I sequenced software and pulished it to client side

The App-V client side can not load the software correctly, actually, there are several dll files which were installed in C:\windows\system 32

How can I let this file be included in my sequence package? How to do? move? resequence? or add it in VFS file system?

Thursday, February 19, 2009 7:18 AM

Answers

• Znack covered one method.  I have a tool called "touch" up on my tmurgent website that you can run against files while monitoring which will cause them to be detected as changed and therefore added to the package.  Also, you can add files in the files tab of the sequence editor.  However, none of these should be required for system32 dlls! 

Often, your symptom occurs if the sequencer already had upgraded versions of these dlls and the client does not.  The sequencer needs to be a fairly clean version of the "oldest" OS release you need to deploy to.

The other situationi is when the dlls are COM components are for some reason did not get properly registerred.  I think we see less of this hapening any more, but the solution has always be to reopen, start monitoring, and register it again.

• Proposed as answer by znack Tuesday, August 31, 2010 8:29 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, November 17, 2012 3:45 PM
    Wednesday, February 25, 2009 4:19 AM

All replies

•  Hello,

Try to simply copy them in the correct folder during an upgrade (or resequencing).
    There is a solution to the SAP GUI you could try;
    Create a new folder under your asset directory and add it to the PATH variable.

/Znack
    Friday, February 20, 2009 10:03 AM
  • Znack covered one method.  I have a tool called "touch" up on my tmurgent website that you can run against files while monitoring which will cause them to be detected as changed and therefore added to the package.  Also, you can add files in the files tab of the sequence editor.  However, none of these should be required for system32 dlls! 

Often, your symptom occurs if the sequencer already had upgraded versions of these dlls and the client does not.  The sequencer needs to be a fairly clean version of the "oldest" OS release you need to deploy to.

The other situationi is when the dlls are COM components are for some reason did not get properly registerred.  I think we see less of this hapening any more, but the solution has always be to reopen, start monitoring, and register it again.

• Proposed as answer by znack Tuesday, August 31, 2010 8:29 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, November 17, 2012 3:45 PM
    Wednesday, February 25, 2009 4:19 AM