none
Quicken wont print with Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Anybody have the solution to enabling Windows 7 to print with Quicken 2007? Quicken desk no help at all.  Don't seem geared up beyond Vista. Thanks
    Friday, November 13, 2009 10:38 PM

Answers

• I had the exact same problem, I have an HP Photosmart C6280 printer, but I believe the following will fix your printing problem.

Click the Windows (Start) button on lower left corner of your screen.
    Click the "DEVICES AND PRINTERS"
    (The next window that opens should show your printers.) Click on the one that has the Green check on it. This is your Default printer.
    Click on the Tab, "PRINT SERVER PROPERTIES" 
    Click on the "ADVANCED" Tab.
    Click on "CHANGE ADVANCED SETTINGS"
    Click "SECURITY" Tab.
    Click "CREATOR OWNER"
    Click the box to ALLOW to print.
    Click the "OK" button.
    Close all your open windows now and start Quicken.
    Open a report and print the report.

Hopefully it will work for you, I know how frustrating it is to get many replies and some just are not accurate. But seeing how I have the same Quicken as you do, and I just got rid of Vista and installed Win7, we seem to be in the same boat. So like I said, hopefully this will correct your printing problems in Quicken. 

Good Luck.
    Fred

• Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Tuesday, January 26, 2010 5:58 AM
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 2:02 AM
  • Quicken 2007 is  dead software. That is to say, no longer supported.
    Quicken 2007 has other problems under Vista which probably carry over into Windows 7.
    Suggest move on to Quicken 2009 or Quicken 2010.

• Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Monday, November 16, 2009 8:50 AM
    Saturday, November 14, 2009 4:07 AM

All replies

• Quicken 2007 is  dead software. That is to say, no longer supported.
    Quicken 2007 has other problems under Vista which probably carry over into Windows 7.
    Suggest move on to Quicken 2009 or Quicken 2010.

• Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Monday, November 16, 2009 8:50 AM
    Saturday, November 14, 2009 4:07 AM
  • Can you please provide download location of this app,I will try to help
    Sunday, November 15, 2009 7:06 AM
  • Having exact problem with Windows 7 and Quicken Deluxe 2008- message is no printers seen. Cant print ANYTHING in quicken.
    Thursday, November 19, 2009 4:52 PM
  • Don't know if this will work in Q2007, but Q2010 had the SAME issue of not printing under Windows 7 64bit. The Quicken people told my customer that his  Q2008 would not work under Windows 7. I personally think they are full of ____ and only want to sell more software. Why do I say that.... because the fix for 'not' printing was found under the "Security" settings for the printer itself. In this case there was an "Everyone", "<user> administrator" and "Creator/Owner" settings. The first two were already set with rights to print turned 'on'. However The "Creator/Owner was tuned off. Once I turned on its "right" to print  Q2010 printed JUSttttttttttt fine.

Hope this helps.... Stupid and Windows are NOT oxymoron's

Mark
    map13790@yahoo.com

Friday, December 18, 2009 6:11 PM
  • I have Quicken 2009 Deluxe

and under Printer Security, CREATOR/OWNER does not have Print Permission,
    but user MYSELF, as whom I log in, does have Print Permission.

I have no problem printing under these settings.

Friday, December 18, 2009 7:01 PM
  • I had the exact same problem, I have an HP Photosmart C6280 printer, but I believe the following will fix your printing problem.

Click the Windows (Start) button on lower left corner of your screen.
    Click the "DEVICES AND PRINTERS"
    (The next window that opens should show your printers.) Click on the one that has the Green check on it. This is your Default printer.
    Click on the Tab, "PRINT SERVER PROPERTIES" 
    Click on the "ADVANCED" Tab.
    Click on "CHANGE ADVANCED SETTINGS"
    Click "SECURITY" Tab.
    Click "CREATOR OWNER"
    Click the box to ALLOW to print.
    Click the "OK" button.
    Close all your open windows now and start Quicken.
    Open a report and print the report.

Hopefully it will work for you, I know how frustrating it is to get many replies and some just are not accurate. But seeing how I have the same Quicken as you do, and I just got rid of Vista and installed Win7, we seem to be in the same boat. So like I said, hopefully this will correct your printing problems in Quicken. 

Good Luck.
    Fred

• Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Tuesday, January 26, 2010 5:58 AM
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 2:02 AM
  • We downloaded new driver from HP site- and that fixed problem for me.
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 1:56 PM
  • OK  I'm close to everyone's same problem.  Using Windows 7 64bit OS.  Quicken 2008 H&B. HP Deskjet 5650.  The print function for Reports and Graphs recognizes all the available printers in the setup screen. After choosing my printer, and selecting 'print', the printer goes through and initialization sequence and then hangs up -- appears the communication between computer and printer is being blocked.

NOw --- Both the print check and transaction set up screens will not recognize any available printers and returns the following message:

"Unable to verify the active printer at the system level. Please verify the printer is turned on and try again."

I've tried all the above solutions and have had no success.

The printer works fine with programs other than my version of Quicken 2008.
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 5:55 PM
  • Go to HP website and download drivers for your printer and Win7
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 6:20 PM
  • Been there, done that.   HP indicates no new driver available for deskjet 5650.  Recommends using generic driver contained in Windows 7 ----  which works fine for other programs.   
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 6:34 PM
  • I have an HP Photosmart C4795 printer running on an HP Pavilion dv7 with Windows 7. I have tried all of the advice above an nothing works.  I have even tried installing an alternate print driver as detailed on an HP help page:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01617126&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

Some reported that this worked fine - for me it just printed gibberish.  I am currently exporting data in a Quicken report to a PDF file and printing it from Adobe.  Fortunately for me we use Quicken for our personal finances and do not need to print reports very often.
    Thursday, January 14, 2010 1:11 PM
  • I am running Quicken 2008 H & B on a Win 7 Pro machine with a Lexmark E260dn configured as a network printer.  Could not get it to print reports (don't print checks).  Tried the fix proposed by Win7forMe.  No longer have any printing problems.

Thanks Fred!
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010 1:48 AM
  • I am running Quicken 2008 on a Win 7 Pro machine with a Brother HL-5250DN network printer. It was working fine until Win 7 lost the printer one day and I reloaded the driver, then reloaded it again with the latest Win 7 32 bit driver. Since that time Quicken has given nothing but the " unable to verify active printer at the system level" message, even when I try to print to the PDF driver! I've also tried deleting all the printers except a locally attached Epson. Always get the same message. Have tried all the solutions listed here and no luck. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Is there any back door way to get into Quicken's printer setup to get it to look for a different printer?
    Tuesday, February 9, 2010 10:58 PM
  • Finally just upgraded to Quicken 10 and the printing problem went away.
    Wednesday, February 10, 2010 10:14 PM
  • Hi Fred,

I was really hopeful but it didn't work.  I have an HP Offficejet J6480 All-in-one.  It clicks and clunks like it is getting ready to print then either sends out one blank sheet or shows error of paperjam.  It will print from my email program so it's not the printer.

Any other ideas?  I do have Quicken 2010 on hand but it is getting to be the principle of the thing now!

Thanks!

Cindy

Friday, April 9, 2010 6:31 PM
  • Excellent Answer! I wish I would have searched on this issue earlier. How did you know to assign Creator/Owner permissions? What was the clue that this would be the resolution? I am also in IT for over 20 years and certified across the board on many MS products. The issue of print permissions did not seem to be something to look into for this issue.

I have Quicken 2008 and Vista 64 SP2.

Paul

Paul
    Saturday, April 17, 2010 6:50 PM
  • Quicken 2007 prints in win7 Professional this way:

I went to XP Mode, installed Quicken 2007, installed my printer (took me awhile..but finally got it to work)...and, whala! I have to go to XP Mode in my Virtual PC, but at least I can now print from 2007!

• Proposed as answer by OlderTech Thursday, April 28, 2011 1:31 PM
    Monday, May 10, 2010 4:57 PM
  • This is a bit late in the game, but so am I.  The suggested answers didn't work for me, but did lead to a solution.  There is a distinct priority order of tasks that lead to a successful print. 

First:

Get the latest printer driver (for your printer) that is designed to run under Windows 7 and install it.  Complete that task and then set up Quicken to use the new driver/printer (be sure not to select the same old printer/driver that  was not working - it will probably still be present if you have not deleted or otherwise removed it - and its name will probably be similar to the name of the newly installed driver/printer.)

That may be all too obvious, but Windows 7 seems to have some default drivers that it uses that will work with most (but NOT ALL) programs and printers.

Second: 

See that you have permissions to print set in your user profile.  The default settings even for an owner/user do not always have the permission to print turned on.

Third:

The fine details of tuning the Quicken setup (as guided - or not - by the Quicken help desk) may or not be needed after the new driver and full permission to print are completed. 

By the way I just went through the Quicken help session (April of 2011) and they do not check for either the first or second steps listed above.

Good Luck

Thursday, April 28, 2011 2:02 PM
  •  

Win7forMe's answer is the only answer that worked for me.  I'm using Quicken 2011 and this was spot on for the solution. 

I've seen posted everywhere, even in Quicken own forum, to print to an alternate printer driver, but even that had same problem.

• Edited by Jose1966 Friday, October 28, 2011 4:31 AM
    Friday, October 28, 2011 4:30 AM
  • Here is the workaround I used to print a report from Quicken Deluxe 2008 from a computer using Windows 7 on an HP 6210 All In One printer:

On menu at top left side of the report, click down on Export Data

Click Report to Excel Compatible Format

Browse to the save location of your choice on your computer

The dialogue box seems to permit only a save as a txt file, however, name the file you are saving with an .xls extension

Then click enter

Go to windows explorer or otherwise browse to the saved file location.

Right click and choose open

Excel will indicate that it is not in proper format and do you really want to open it

YES, you do

Then print

Good luck!!

Sunday, December 18, 2011 10:28 PM
  • Here is the workaround I used to print a report from Quicken Deluxe 2008 from a computer using Windows 7 on an HP 6210 All In One printer:

On menu at top left side of the report, click down on Export Data

Click Report to Excel Compatible Format

Browse to the save location of your choice on your computer

The dialogue box seems to permit only a save as a txt file, however, name the file you are saving with an .xls extension

Then click enter

Go to windows explorer or otherwise browse to the saved file location.

Right click and choose open

Excel will indicate that it is not in proper format and do you really want to open it

YES, you do

Then print

Good luck!!

Sunday, December 18, 2011 10:29 PM
  • I realize this is an old thread but I found my answer here and thanks to all who suggesed it.  I recently installed Quicken 2007 Basic on a new Toshiba 64-bit Windows 7 laptop.  All worked fine EXCEPT I could not print checks.  Try as I may, it appeared to spool the checks but would not print to a HP PSC 2170.  This had worked fine on the previous Vista laptop.  I made the simple permissions change suggest several times previously in this thread and my problem was history.  It's now working just fine.  I don't think I ever would have stumbled on that item myself and I'm a long time (and retired) IT person.  Thanks again.
    Tuesday, August 14, 2012 2:19 AM
  • I just had the same problem. Quicken 2002 Deluxe has worked on Win7 for years and today it quit. I had deleted a printer that was in Quicken. To recover, I had a second machine that could access the Quicken files. I set the printer to one that was common across all my computers on the home network.

I then went to the computer with the problem, changed the default printer to the common printer and Quicken was happy allowing me to set Checks and reports. 

It took me 4 hours to find this stupid problem.

Thursday, January 18, 2018 9:44 PM