none
Calendars RRS feed

• Question

• I have set up a new base calendar and applied it to the project level (project information, select my base calendar under the calendar block) and to the resources (go to the resource sheet and select the base calendar for all the resources).  The calendar is set to working time of 10 am to Noon and 1 pm to 3 pm.  I would have thought that this would schedule each assigned resource at 4 hours per day per task.  However, it assigns the resources to 8 hours per day.  If I go and assign my base calendar at the task level it will assign the resources at 4 hours per day.

Can someone give me a best way to set this up and maintain.  I only want to schedule the resource for 4 hours per day.  Do I need to set each resource calendar to reflect this?

Monday, July 23, 2012 7:01 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Sorry, I don't think so. If your setting is what you describe here a resource will only have 4 hours of work per day (Look at a Usage view). Still, if you use the day as a time unit, by all means it will be translated as 8 hrs internally - that is until you adjust the hours per day setting in the Options (where to find that exactly depends on the version)

Greetings,

• Marked as answer by Leah12 Monday, July 23, 2012 7:30 PM
    Monday, July 23, 2012 7:27 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Sorry, I don't think so. If your setting is what you describe here a resource will only have 4 hours of work per day (Look at a Usage view). Still, if you use the day as a time unit, by all means it will be translated as 8 hrs internally - that is until you adjust the hours per day setting in the Options (where to find that exactly depends on the version)

Greetings,

• Marked as answer by Leah12 Monday, July 23, 2012 7:30 PM
    Monday, July 23, 2012 7:27 PM
  • Thanks for marking as answer Leah!
    Monday, July 23, 2012 8:06 PM