Wiki Ninja belt status - Data discrepancy

• The below blog post from Ronen shows the current belt status of all WIKI ninjas

My status is listed like below

Prashanth Jayaram
    Achievements for current belt:
    Has New Wiki Contributor Bronze achievement medal
    Has New Wiki Editor Bronze achievement medal
    Has New Wiki Commentator Bronze achievement medal
    Has 1 Top Contributor win
    Progress towards next belt:
    Has Wiki Editor II Silver achievement medal
    Needs 1 more Top Contributor win

In that, I can see that "Needs 1 more Top contributor win" in the above-listed points.

But in this recent blog post by Pete Laker(Weekly Top contributor awards),It's been mentioned that have won 3 previous Top contributor awards.

Please check Most Revised Article Winner section

Prashanth Jayaram
    Prashanth Jayaram has won 3 previous Top Contributor Awards:

I think there is a data discrepancy. Can someone please check and update?

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 6:12 PM

All replies

• It is not the total number of Top Contributor Awards, but the number received since the last belt was achieved. For example, many belts have this requirement:

Benchmark - You placed in the Top Weekly Contributors 1 time after receiving the previous belt.

Does this explain your situation? Check the requirements for the belts here:

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 8:44 PM
  • And keep in mind the Ninja belt calculation is a view on a certain point in time. It's not updated automatically.

So if the guru competition is updated, you will get new/different result for the next belt calculation.

Due to the limited (wo)man-power we have in the Wiki Council, the belt calculations are only run now and then.

This is not automated (yet)... (this is all run after-hours for free, no budget, volunteers...)

Peter Geelen (Quest for security) (user page)

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered"Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 10:09 AM
  • Thanks Richard Mueller for your time in answering my question.

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 1:55 PM
  • I understand. Thanks for your reply Peter Geelen.
    Wednesday, September 28, 2016 1:56 PM