How to disable Spell Checker in IE 11 on Windows Server 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• We run SharePoint on Windows 2012 which comes with IE11 with the spell checker built in.

When adding users to SharePoint using that browser, some user names cannot be resolved as the spell check can't resolve them.

How can I disable that spell checker in the IE11?

Thanks for any advice!

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 7:57 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The screenshot I pasted above is taken from Windows Server 2012, could you please move the mouse to the right edge or click Win+C , capture a screenshot, then paste the screenshot here?

You can also find the spelling settings by typing "spelling" in the right search charm bar

The "Settings" in Windows Server 2012 is similiar to Windows 8 PC, have you ever disabled the feature?

Yolanda Zhu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Roger Lu Monday, August 11, 2014 2:49 AM
    Monday, August 4, 2014 7:07 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you tried to turn off the spelling check in "Change PC setting"\General

\Spelling?

Yolanda Zhu

Thursday, July 31, 2014 6:01 AM
  • where is this setting on Windows server 2012?  I looked but can't find any settings similar where I can turn off spelling check

Thursday, July 31, 2014 2:50 PM
  • Move the mouse to the right edge, then click "Settings" charm bar, then "Change PC settings"\General\Spelling.

just like my screenshot.

Yolanda Zhu

Friday, August 1, 2014 1:04 AM
  • Sorry, I can't find "Settings" described by moving the mouse to the right edge. This is a server not a PC.  I don't know where to find that setting.
    Friday, August 1, 2014 2:36 PM
  • Hi,

The screenshot I pasted above is taken from Windows Server 2012, could you please move the mouse to the right edge or click Win+C , capture a screenshot, then paste the screenshot here?

You can also find the spelling settings by typing "spelling" in the right search charm bar

The "Settings" in Windows Server 2012 is similiar to Windows 8 PC, have you ever disabled the feature?

Yolanda Zhu

• Marked as answer by Roger Lu Monday, August 11, 2014 2:49 AM
    Monday, August 4, 2014 7:07 AM