Call forwarding RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm having a problem with call forwarding/simultaneous calls if the original caller is coming from the PSTN Network. Problem is that when Lync forwards the call, the from address the sip trunk provider receives is still the original caller address (spoofed), which isn't allowed due to law regulations. My carrier said I should send an address from our number range with it in a "diversion header" to make this work. Is there a way to configure Lync to do this?

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 10:34 AM

Answers

• I didn't want to suppress caller ID because then all calls would go under the same number. I couldn't find a way to change the diversion headers in Lync. Only solution was to add some configuration to the sip trunk by our carrier. Now all calls going out with their normal number, forwarded calls going out with the general number.
    • Marked as answer by DS_Kevin Wednesday, December 21, 2011 12:10 PM
    Wednesday, December 21, 2011 12:10 PM

All replies

• Hi,

you can try with "Supress Caller ID" in voice route and assign the general number of the PSTN connection. this will send that number instead of the caller ID.

Thamara. MCTS, MCITP Ent Admin, Specialized in U.C Voice OCS 2007 R2
    • Proposed as answer by Noya Lau Wednesday, December 21, 2011 10:15 AM
    Thursday, December 15, 2011 4:59 AM
  • Hi Kevin,

The Caller ID Controls feature controls the phone number that is displayed to called party. The enterprise administrator can choose to suppress caller ID per route by providing an alternative number. The alternative number will be displayed as the caller ID for all the calls going out through that route. An example for this would be when an end user makes a call from their personal work phone number, the called party will see the general company number instead of the user’s personal work number.

Noya Liu

TechNet Community Support

Monday, December 19, 2011 5:52 AM
  • I didn't want to suppress caller ID because then all calls would go under the same number. I couldn't find a way to change the diversion headers in Lync. Only solution was to add some configuration to the sip trunk by our carrier. Now all calls going out with their normal number, forwarded calls going out with the general number.
    • Marked as answer by DS_Kevin Wednesday, December 21, 2011 12:10 PM
    Wednesday, December 21, 2011 12:10 PM