Email does not show up in Outbox RRS feed

• Question

• An email keeps trying to send and it does not appear in my Outbox. How do I stop it from sending?
    Sunday, June 10, 2018 8:25 AM

All replies

• Hi Terry,

Based on my assumption, do you mean there is nothing in Outbox, but Outlook continues to show "Sending message" at the lower right of the window?

If this is the case, this could be caused by a stuck read receipt. As read receipts are invisible in your Outbox, you may use the MFCMAPI tool to delete them: 

1. Download and run the latest version of MFCMAPI via MFCMAPI page on GitHub. (Use MFCMAPI.exe for 32-bit version of Outlook, and MFCMAPI.exe.x64 if you are using a 64-bit version of Outlook.)
    2. Press OK on the first screen and then click Session > Logon.
    3. Select your Outlook mail profile.

MFCMAPI - Choose Profile

4. Double click on the line which has the value for the Default Store column set to True.

5. Right click on Root-Mailbox (or Root Container)in the left panel and choose: Open contents table.

6. Check if there is any item whose subject is prefixed with the “Read, delete the item and restart Outlook to check it the issue can be fixed:

Hope this can be helpful. 

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, June 11, 2018 2:37 AM
  • Hi Terry,

Just checked in to see if you have checked my reply above. If the post was helpful, could you please help mark it as answer to close the thread? If you still need assistance on this question, please post back at ease.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, June 15, 2018 9:18 AM