Restrict access after submitted form RRS feed

• Question

• I want to restrict access for all other that the "submitter", "the approvers" (5 in total total) and the HR once the form is submitted...

I've set 2 fields "RequesterCurrent" and "ApproverCurrent" and then a Form load rule...

on submit I set the RequesterCurrent to UserName() - and on each "approver" section submit button - I set the "ApproverCurrent" to the current UserName()

and on the form load rule with OR clause: 

but it's not working - how can I do this "NoAccess" for all other that the people involved in the submit and approve and the HR department?

• Edited by JmATK Tuesday, February 12, 2013 7:14 AM
    Monday, February 11, 2013 2:41 PM

Answers

• Make a SharePoint Designer workflow on the Library

Have it do this:

Impersonation Step

inside that use a combination of Remove/Add/Replace Permissions for an item  -- which will be the current Item.

Sounds like just remove the permissions from the created by and give permissions only to the approvers or whoever.. I do this all the time, it is a frequently requested item whenever dealing with sensitive forms.

You can also get rid of all of those extra silly rules and setting fields values  like you are doing, if you do it this way.

Also consider if you haven't making a permission level that is Add-only. I use this on the library and then kick the workflow off on new item created. Works Great

• Marked as answer by JmATK Tuesday, March 26, 2013 5:38 AM
    Tuesday, March 26, 2013 12:46 AM

All replies

• No one ? 
    Thursday, March 7, 2013 5:27 PM
  • Make a SharePoint Designer workflow on the Library

Have it do this:

Impersonation Step

inside that use a combination of Remove/Add/Replace Permissions for an item  -- which will be the current Item.

Sounds like just remove the permissions from the created by and give permissions only to the approvers or whoever.. I do this all the time, it is a frequently requested item whenever dealing with sensitive forms.

You can also get rid of all of those extra silly rules and setting fields values  like you are doing, if you do it this way.

Also consider if you haven't making a permission level that is Add-only. I use this on the library and then kick the workflow off on new item created. Works Great

• Marked as answer by JmATK Tuesday, March 26, 2013 5:38 AM
    Tuesday, March 26, 2013 12:46 AM