none
Logging into Windows Embedded POSReady 2009 Evaluation RRS feed

• Question

• I installed the Windows Embedded POSReady 2009 Evaluation. It installed fine and in every field that asked for info what I entered I wrote down exactly as I entered it. When the login window comes up it asks for User name & Password. I never had to fill out a User name, only Name, Organization, Company Name, and Password. So I enter the Name & Password. It won't let me login no matter what combination I use for the User name. I enter the password exactly as I originally entered it.  
    Sunday, July 31, 2011 3:30 AM

Answers

• Did you try entering Administrator as the user name with the Password you entered?

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - ProGuide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    Sunday, July 31, 2011 4:40 AM
  • POSReady is intended to serve as an operating system for POS devices. It address the needs fro PCI compliance and IT management support. Although, WES7 could do the same thing, but that is my opinion. POS for .NET should be installed as well. POS for .NET is a .NET implementation of the UPOS sepcification, and it allows you to write POS applications in .NET that interact with POS hardware. - http://www.seanliming.com/POSforNET.html.

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - ProGuide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, WEPOS / POS for .NET Step-by-Step
    Sunday, July 31, 2011 10:20 PM

All replies

• Did you try entering Administrator as the user name with the Password you entered?

-Sean

Sunday, July 31, 2011 4:40 AM
  • Thanks, it worked. Just a quick question. Maybe I didn't read enough or I misunderstood, but where is the POS or is that what POSReady means, it's ready for a POS software installation? All this is is a stripped down version of XP Pro.

Thanks again,

Robert

Robert Crawford
    Sunday, July 31, 2011 6:55 PM
  • POSReady is intended to serve as an operating system for POS devices. It address the needs fro PCI compliance and IT management support. Although, WES7 could do the same thing, but that is my opinion. POS for .NET should be installed as well. POS for .NET is a .NET implementation of the UPOS sepcification, and it allows you to write POS applications in .NET that interact with POS hardware. - http://www.seanliming.com/POSforNET.html.

-Sean

Sunday, July 31, 2011 10:20 PM