none
Permissions to update attributes on objects groups, users and contacts

Question

• Hi All,

I want to grant an account update permissions on all objects groups, users and contacts in our domain. How can i achive this?

Thanks in advance.

_ser

Friday, April 21, 2017 1:26 PM

All replies

• with with update permissions, are you meaning create/delete/manage 

Look at active directory delegation wizard to achieve this. Right click the Domain object and then right click and "delegate control" and do the needful.

If you need more information a simple google should tell you the different ways to delegate the rights. Let me know if you need more information.

Friday, April 21, 2017 1:57 PM
  • You can use AD delegation wizard on your domain level. More details here about how you can delegate administration in AD: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/20292.delegation-of-administration-in-active-directory.aspx

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Ahmed MALEK

My Website Link

My Linkedin Profile

My MVP Profile

Sunday, April 23, 2017 12:09 AM
  • Hi,
    Please refer to the following step-by-step guide to delegate permission for modifying attributes, you could follow it to have a try and see if it works:
    https://dani3lr.wordpress.com/2009/07/25/delegation-control-to-modify-only-certain-user-attributes-part-1/
    Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.
    Best regards, 
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, April 24, 2017 9:20 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Saturday, April 29, 2017 10:42 AM